- Melbourne, Victoria
- Sunday 15°
- Monday 15°
Providing accessible travel opportunities to all travellers is the aim of BIG4 Melbourne Holiday Park. We have implemented an accessibility program to improve our accessibility and create an inclusive customer experience for all travellers.
Some of the initiatives we have implemented to create a more accessible tourism experience are:
- Accessible ensuite site for campers
- Ramp or ground access (no steps) to reception, pool area, amenities building, laundry facilities, games room, television room, bbq areas and playground
- Accessible car parking at accommodation and camping areas
- A new accessible bathroom and camp kitchen
- BIG4 teamed up with Emma from The Wiggles to create a social script, an essential tool for autistic people and their families to prepare for a holiday.
Getting around Melbourne
Whether driving or using public transport in the City of Melbourne, there are a variety of options available for people with limited mobility. These include designated disabled parking bays, accessible public transport, vehicle and taxi hire, and centres where walking sticks, scooters and wheelchairs can be hired for getting around the city.
- Accessible parking
Find out where to park and apply for a Disabled Person's Parking Permit.
- Accessible public transport
Find information and links about accessible trains, trams and buses.
- Accessible taxis and vehicle hire
Find links and contact details for getting around Melbourne with accessible vehicles, whether by taxi or by hiring a car or van.
- Accessible attractions and venues
Melbourne has plenty of accessible venues, services and amenities
- Mobility equipment hire: Getting mobile on Melbourne's footpaths
Learn about hiring prams, scooters and other mobility aids in the city, and other travellers' services.
- Recharge scheme
City of Melbourne libraries and Melbourne Town Hall are equipped with recharge points for anyone using electric scooters or wheelchairs.
The CBD Melbourne Mobility Map covers the central city and details access and facilities for people with limited mobility such as street gradients, accessible public transport stops, accessible toilets, parking and much more.
BIG4 Melbourne Holiday Park has a Two Bedroom Accessible Family Cabin designed and suited to families and those with disabilities or limited mobility.